Thursday, March 21, 2013

Vacation Update: Stalker Gawker

Our cruise vacation was a trip for two, but come dinner time. My BFF and I often felt like we had a third member in our dining party -- Stalker Gawker.

You see, Stalker Gawker was a man who was technically traveling with who we assumed to be his wife; however, his mind and eyes seemed to be pretty focused on our table. And, honestly, I can't blame the guy. We were looking tip-top, enjoying our food and conversation, laughing with abandon, and making friends with our wait staff. I'd have given him a free glance or two per dining hour without a second thought. Let's face it, we were having a good time, and who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

BUT, with as much as he was staring, I was concerned his food wouldn't make it in his mouth because he was SOOO completely focused on us. To save his stylish plaid shirts from unsightly food stains, I seriously considered pulling up a chair for Stalker Gawker.

With our normal seating arrangement, my BFF had her back to Stalker Gawker, and therefore got a lot of me saying, "SERIOUSLY?!? Again with the staring!" However, on the final day of our cruise, I decided it was my civic duty to spread the love and give the BFF a taste of unbridled admiration care of the one and only Stalker Gawker. Through our little experiment, we discovered Stalker Gawker wasn't just partial to awkwardly watching me eat ... he had plenty of stares for the BFF, too. And, like any good blogger, I thought it only appropriate that we document our third travel buddy so I'd have a visual when I shared the story with my dear readers.

So, I give you exhibit A, Stalker Gawker caught in the act:

Yep, we're sly ladies. The BFF pretended to be capturing my dinner smile and some of the beautiful dining room, and as she captured the shot, Stalker Gawker glanced our way. PERFECT TIMING!!! This image was essentially my view as I dinned for the entire week.

So, PSA to all you "people watchers," (I'm totally one of them): Limit your staring and/or spread the wealth so it's not QUITE as obvious that you've completely singled out a person or two. You'd hate to be the next profiled Stalker Gawker on some strangers blog. AND, if you happen to recognize our dear Stalker Gawker, encourage him to focus just a tad more on the company he's with rather than the ladies at a neighboring table.

More BFF cruise vacation photos and stories to follow ... so get ready for that business.

No comments:

Post a Comment